Want to know how to maximize the impact of your company’s insurance policies? Do you know when and how to tell your client’s insurers about a new lawsuit?
Want to better understand the pitfalls?
Join the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers at noon on Wednesday,
November 9, for Insurance 101: What Every Young Lawyer Should Know.
The program will provide an overview of common liability insurance policies and basic insurance principles that may frequently impact your practice.
- Types of insurance policies
- What constitutes a claim
- The insured’s obligation to provide notice to the insurer
- The insurer’s obligations under the insurance contract, common law, and the Texas insurance code
- The insured’s right to independent counsel
- The insurer-appointed defense counsel’s obligations under the rules of professional responsibility and Texas law
No matter your practice area, a basic understanding of insurance can help you identify potential issues and help your client navigate the insurance landscape to maximize recovery, making you an invaluable asset.
This one-hour CLE will be presented by Amy Elizabeth Stewart and Marisa Jeffrey, both of Amy Stewart Law, at the Belo Mansion, 2101 Ross Ave. Lunch will be available for purchase. RSVP to Cherie Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Currently rated by 0 people